Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Talk

Over the last few days S and I have had some very interesting talks.

Talk One:

Yesterday S told me he wanted to get his truck looked at because the check engine light was on. I was feeling pretty good, so I agreed to follow him in my car so we could leave his car at AAMCO.Before we left we had to jump my car, again. This is a constant problem with no explanation - we have replaced the battery and other parts and it just keeps happening. Anyway, we tooled around town for a while, shopping and going out to eat. When we went back to get his truck we found out that the repair would cost 600.00. S was pissed, to put it lightly. He came over to my car and was like "Can you believe this, we just took it to a mechanic who said nothing about these problems, I don't want to put anymore money in this car." I just smiled and added fuel to his fire saying "Yeah - my check engine light just came on when we were sitting here and I am pretty sure this driveway is going to give me a flat tire." S sighed and ran his hand through his hair. So I just blurted out "there is a dealership across the street, why don't we just trade them both in?" We did it. And by the time we were driving away in our new car my Jetta did have a flat tire.

We have never done this before. When ever we need a car we stress over it for weeks, check out all the dealerships and private sellers in the area. When we find one we always take a day to "sleep on it" - well that is until now. We are thinking of trashing that rule. This is the best thing we have done in a while. Our car payment went up 75.00 and our insurance went up 11.00 a month. Big whoop. The 86.00 beats the 400 + a month we were spending on car repairs. We slept like babies last night.

Talk Two:

I was scheduled for the embryo transfer this morning. We arrived a WRAMC at 8:30 and waited in the small waiting area for a while. Finally a doctor came out and said "who are you?" When we said our names he said "great follow me". He was a little quirky, and we hadn't remembered ever seeing him before. So he takes us into an office and proceeds to tell us the grade of our 14 fertilized eggs. Then he tells us he "thinks it would be wise if you waited for transfer." My heart instantly sank to my stomach. But, it was a false warning. The doc was really up beat and explained that I has so many eggs (6) that were perfect for transfer that they wanted to wait until the next cell phase to get the best two. He explained that they don't always do this because some people eggs aren't that great of quality, but ours are "darn near perfect" according to him. By waiting until the next phase we could up our chances from 48% to 60%. Needless to say we left with out our implanted embryos :P) We go back on Monday.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Hey there Jamie,
That is great news! I hope you are having fun with your new car..what did you end up buying?
keep smiling
Kerry

Becca said...

So what kind of car did you get? I sm so happy for you. Those little eggs are going to be real strong and happy, they have a new car to ride in after all!!!!:O)

Jamie said...

Hey yeah, you didn't share what kind of car!?! I'm so glad you guys did that!!! Wow, I am soooo going to be praying for you tomorrow! THAT is jus awesome, awesome news!!!!

Kim said...

Great news. You will be in my thougths and prayers. We bought our truck on impulse. We use to be so bad at impulse buying. This is actually the longest we have had a vehicle, 3 1/2 years usually we trade in every 2 years.