Saturday, May 30, 2009

What?

This morning I completely forgot I was suppose to watch my friend's little ones.

Around 8:30 S tells me that he is going to take C over to the Tball field early. (they had a game) He originally thought that the game was at 9:30 but he had this bad feeling it was actually at 9. So him and C get ready to go and I am slowly getting out of the shower, getting dressed, and trying to do something with my long wet hair when the doorbell rings. My friend A is there with her two kids and Scott answers - so he calls up the stairs "ahhh hunny - A is here?" and then she calls up "so you you need car seats?" and I am just then getting the towel off my head and am utterly confused, I just am like "oh hey - what car seats - no why?" Then A tells me C is in the car waiting for us. And still I as thinking - why would I need more car seats I only have one kid?? So then A kind of comes the rest of the way in the house and I am just still don't get it and say "So, what's up?" and then she puts her baby down on the floor and her three year old bounces in and asks for a snack. Still, I was thinking - why are you here? Don't you guys sleep until nine most days? We are getting ready to leave... and then A says - "Oh that's right, C has a game this morning, do you want a Stroller so you can bring my kids?" Then finally I remember - Oh yeah - I can bring them because I am babysitting this morning...DUH! I swear they were here a good four or five minutes before I realized they were staying!

S was laughing at me when they left. Normally if I forget something like that I remember just before they get here or sometimes when I see their van, but at least I remember! If I had not been so poky with getting dressed this morning we totally would have been at the ball field already. I don't even know if my friend realized I forgot, she seemed pretty happy to be going to work and dropping off the little ones. LOL - only me.

In other news: S called his dad last night. His dad confirmed that they only told three family members -his grandparents and grammy. S said he almost feels a little invisible to his family sometimes. We talked about it for a long time last night. I think we both realize that sometimes things just don't go the way we want and that even if it isn't fair, or right, or fun, or the best situation, we still have each other and we always live up to our each other's expectations, no outside family needed there - so we can just focus on the good from them and really try not to let the semantics of a situation play such a big role.

No comments: