Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm Not Ready!

So tomorrow is the big test day and as you may have guess from today's title, I am not ready. I have been obsessing over this darn test all week and yet I don't want to go. I don't want to hear bad news. I feel nothing as far as pregnancy signs go, nothing. All my 'symptoms' can be explained by the side effect tag on the progesterone shots and from my discharge sheet after surgery and transfer. The feelings of:
  • tiredness
  • dizziness
  • weakness
  • odd twinges & cramps
  • a sore uterus, I know sounds weird, but if I move to fast I can feel it stretch.

But that is it. It feels like PMS only a little more. It could just be because I am "listening" to my body, just waiting for a sign. Dammit, I just want a baby to start kicking in there - NOW. Hmmm, I guess that isn't very realistic is it - LOL, I am just a mess. But really, I don't want to take the test tomorrow. I am scared.

In other IVF news: This no sex thing sucks. Per doctors orders no sex for two weeks. Which a week ago I was convinced I would never want sex again. In fact I was pretty repulsed by an odd sex dream I had. But you know - the swelling from the surgery is gone and now, well, I want it. Sex that is, not the swelling to come back (ha, ha) It is so weird. It isn't like we haven't gone two weeks before - it isn't like we are newlyweds. Just something about being told you can't I suppose.

So, tomorrow... errrrr.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I am praying. I can't imagine with all you've gone through to get a negative. It's devastating enough getting one but with how long you've waited and all of this...that just wouldn't be 'fair'! I am going to be optimistic though. So will you be able to have sex tomorrow regardless of the test? Does C know all that's going on or just vaguely???

Kim said...

Well Jamie I am still praying for you, and believing god to bless you with a little baby. AS far as you saying those symptoms could be from the shot don't necessarily mean it's just the shot. If that makes sense. I remember when I was pregnant w/ Jesse, I had no clue before I realized it when I was so sick. But before the sickness showed up, I had all kinds of symptoms like PMS. I had cramps like I was getting ready to start for like 4-5 days, Just from implantation, I was so exhausted I remember I could of slept for hours. My lower back ached too. The actual throwing up didn't show up for another week to week and a half. The when I got pregnant with Jarrett I was expecting the same and had none of those symptoms just my boobs being sore then of course throwing up. SO just to show you, you just never really know. Oh and for me I hated sex because I was so sick but did hear some womens sex drive increases dramatically. Just want you to remain positive and have positive thoughts.Im praying hard for you, Can't wait to find out.

Becca said...

Praying, Praying, Praying...thats all I can say. I wish I knew what you were going through. Since I don't I feel bas when I comment. But going through two traditional pregencies, I know that hey all produce differant signs and one can never be sure. It is normal, I am sure, to be scared to go to the test. All the emotions that it holds, I can not imagine!!! I am not just blowing smoke when i say this, but you are an insperation. Your positive attitude your upbeat nature, I could never be that way!!! God Bless and watch over you, no matter what we are all here for you!