Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mid Afternoon

I woke up this morning in a very pleasant mood. The sun was at least trying to peak out of the clouds, the dog was down stair snoring, C was still asleep, and S was already gone. Immediately I knew some prayers had been answered, as I was feeling worlds better than I had in the last two days. Yesterday I was so ill in the morning that I was certain I would no hold in / down any food I consumed. Also I have had this weird pressure at the top of my stomach and the pain was really getting bad. Well, I woke up and it was all gone. I am well. However, this certainly brings up a few questions ...

1. Isn't being nauseous a good thing considering my circumstances?
2. If I am not nauseous is that a bad sign?
3. Now that I am better, does this mean things didn't work?

The answer to all three, NO. I figure, I am doing everything the doctors told me to do, so we will just wait and see... Ohhhh, your so faithful J, oh your such an inspiration, oh you are so blah blah blah, you say? Not exactly.

This morning, after rejoicing in feeling well, I began to get worried and was harping on those questions. After a pep talk to myself I opted to start the day. C and I headed to the post office, the library, and Starbucks. I was freaking tired after only one stop, let alone three. The only reason we went to Starbucks is because I needed to sit down for a while. It took us over a hour and a half to go in a one mile loop around base. LOL - So I traded the nausea for a little weakness. I'll take it. Weather my test is positive or negative isn't up to me at this point, but for some unknown reason - the 'signs' are a little comforting if not just wishful thinking.

In related news: I had been looking at all the forums for IVF and I read this post from a woman who had just completed an IVF cycle. She was certain she was going to have twins saying "I felt two twinges the day after the embryo transfer." and then went on to say that she had had some bleeding, and took a home pregnancy test that day which was negative. Her actual blood test was the next day - and she had no follow up posts. Certainly she wasn't pregnant. If the home test is negative - your chances are pretty low, I would think. Which brings me to my point, I really have been wondering about this test deal. I saw so many women post that their home tests were negative - why would they do this to themselves? Am I going to do this?

It is only Mid Afternoon & I, obviously am already obsessing about it. I am scheduled for a blood test on the 13th. But honestly - I need to call because if I remember right that was determined before my transfer was postponed a few days. Which means I shouldn't be tested until the following Monday. Anyway - even though the above mentioned post was a year or more old, I felt really bad for the women. Twins will show up on a pee stick up to a week or even a little more early. Double the hormones, you know? I don't want to be her.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Hi Honey,

Don't take the home test untill at least the scheduled blood test time. You don't want to make yourself crazy. Sometimes you just know, I don't know how, but you do. God will lead you, you have done all the right things and now must wait, which sucks! I have no witty sayings or poems, just my prayers every night for you. (Iam actually tearing up a little, nuts huh?) Keep us posted.:)

Kerry said...

Hey there Jamie,
I never took a home test! I waited it out. I recommend it. I tried to keep myself busy so I would not think about it so much! :-)

Jamie said...

I can't imagine what you're going through with it all. Still praying!

Kim said...

Hi Jamie. As hard as it is try not to think any negative things,like not feeling nauseous anymore. And I know the suspense must be getting to you, but hold out on the preg test. Sometimes those things can give off negative results to any woman, and you just dont need to fill your mind w/ that. Just keep doing what the docs say, Hang In there. I'm praying for you!