Sunday, May 24, 2009

This & That

I have been so tired this last week that I cannot believe how little I have accomplished. But, I am not complaining, just pointing out the facts. I am actually starting to feel pregnant and I am really excited about that. On Friday I got a present in the mail from my dearest friend J, and it was a baby gift. The tags said NEWBORN all over them, and I cried. It was really so sweet of her to send something this early on. I know all my friends are just so happy for us and it means a lot to me. Then yesterday I got a call from my friend A. She asked if I wanted her maternity clothes. Huh? I thought, why? Then I realized, oh yea - I am pregnant. So now, I am tired and happy. LOL.

In other news: I have new 'maybe' friend, Coach C. She is the co-coach of C's Tball team. She has four kids and C adores her two boys, so we made plans to get together the other day. All started off great but then she kind of scared me with a bout of over sharing the other day. In fact after a while I sort of stopped talking. I don't think she realized. Coach C (CC) seems to enjoy having a grown up to talk to while the kids play. I don't know, I might I have to scale back on my friendliness a little. This women sent a bunch a red flags over to my court, including pregnancies in high school, rape, drinking, smoking, and offers from Swingers - yikes. I don't know how much is really true or just a bored mom telling me things she thinks might interest me. What I really wanted to hear about was her job at the church, her homeschooling practices, and the good things about her life. I think if I brave another get together, outside of Tball, I will try to steer the conversation towards those things. Who knows what she will babble about if I stay quiet. As always, I sure can attract them.

I had this friend S in California who was the same way, classic over sharer with an abusive and controlling husband. After a few get togethers I just sort of stopped asking her to do stuff during the day. We stayed friendly but kept a distance. She was a demo party guru and always was having pampered chef, body shop, or party light shows, of which her husband wouldn't be at, so that was the limit of our friendship after the over sharing didn't stop. I am not sure about CC, it might have to be the same deal, but I am willing to give it another try - but not this week, maybe in a few, after I recover from all her news.

So T is on VK this week. The neighborhood will be so quiet without her three running around. C was sad when they left this morning. He must have asked me a dozen time who he was going to play with while they were gone. I am going to have to try to do some extra fun things with him during the days. Hopefully I will be able to get my butt of the couch!

Today the boys are at a baseball game. They should have a good time. I agreed to go to a BBQ at a friends house around three. Part of me is wishing I hadn't accepted the invite only because I feel really sick and tired. But I am sure a glass of milk and maybe a little caffeine will perk me up. It is so weird not having diet coke all the time. The other day I had one at the pool and I couldn't even finish it. In January when I opted to give up my addiction to caffeine I finished my last eight cans in one day and that night had to have tea because I felt like I had nothing to drink. Now, I can't even finish a 12 ounce can, it actually tasted kind of gross and I had to have S go get me two bottles of water. The good part is, if I am sleepy a swig of coke or Dr. Pepper perks me right up. BTW Dr. Pepper is my new favorite thing. The other night I was dreaming about it and had to go buy a bottle the next morning. LOL.

But speaking of dreams I have had some wicked ones lately. Last night I dreamed that I was planning on going to a foreign country and on the way home was going to smuggle drugs. I was at the airport and couldn't find my boarding pass in my pocket book. (Last night I went out with A for a while and I was joking about never finding anything in my new pocket book) So finally I find the boarding pass and realize I left my passport at home. The security guards at the airport were just staring at me and I said quiet clearly. "No hago mi pasaporte." I don't have my passport. So I had to go home and as I was walking out of the airport I had a complete conversation in Spanish with the cab driver about having pay the drug dealers back my plane ticket money and all the gifts they gave me. I don't know friends, I must watch too much Locked up Abroad, for this isn't the first time I've had a drug smuggling dream.

There is so much more stuff to catch up on, but then I would be an over sharer - LOL I already am, well on my blog anyway. But here is a quick run down.

  • The W's are suppose to be here this week but L got really sick and was in the hospital. She is alright now but isn't ready for a big trip so we are rescheduling that.
  • S has been really busy with school and baseball. I don't think I have really seen him all that much since our big night out last week.
  • At church this morning I thought I was going to be sick, then afterwards I ate a donut and actually felt better. Now that donut has given me heart burn.
  • My sister and I disagree about the acidic properties of milk, so I think I am going to look that up today.
  • I have lost three pounds since becoming pregnant???
  • My feet are huge, either that or sizes are getting smaller? I have been on a search for new flip flops, my old ones have dog bites on them they are size L or 9-10. All the 9-10's I have tried on this year are too small! The 11's are too big. Apparently I am a giant.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Woohoo! Hooray for feeling sick & tired! I was wondering about that this morning, if you were feeling that way yet!

You should try Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper. THAT is my favorite now! LOVE it!

You sure do attract the weirdos...then again what does that say about me? Oh boy. One woman in MS freaked me out w/things and I kept my distance from her. Lo and behold she's now a Christian- it is awesome to see how God's worked!

Wish we were there so our boys could play together. My boys would love it. If only we lived down the street...

Sorry to hear about L...hope she's ok. At the same time that's probably a relief for you w/feeling the way you are right now. Have you spilled the beans yet?

Enjoy your BBQ. At least if you want to leave you have a good excuse:)