Friday, May 8, 2009

I Kid You Not

Yesterday, as soon as I finished my post about the dishwasher guy, he showed up. He was rude, and I was rude right back. (not one of my finer moments) Eventually he comes in the house, tracks mud and grass through the living room, dining room, and sun room takes a two second look at the connection to the dishwasher under the sink and storms out. His partner, I then realize has a new dishwasher outside and starts to unpack it. An hour later I have a new dishwasher. Third one in two years. Did I need a new one? No, got a new one last summer. Did I need a new one then, nope got one that winter. These people are so lazy. It is just easier for them to replace it than have to come back with a part and get dirty trying to take apart the dishwasher and put it back together. What a waste of money!

In non related news: C and I go to the park with T and the kids. T has triplets courtesy of IVF and lives next door. At least once a week, if not more we get the kids together. Anyway we are kibitzing at the playground and she says something like - when you get your test next week you have to ask the number. I have no clue what she is talking about. Despite some people's quest to know as much info about the process as possible, I am oblivious to much of what goes on. I have more or less been in robot mode, just doing what the doctors tell me. So she says a pregnancy test level shows the hormones at 25 or grater. Hers for he triplets was over 600. Then she says - as if to read my mind over the last few days, "Are you going take a home pregnancy test? - First response brand will pick up early signs." And to my surprise I answered quiet fast and said "nope, I only have until the 13th, so it is just five more days." I am so proud of myself - Go Me.

**On a side note: I T just knows all of these dates. She puts two and two together and knew just when our retrieval was and transfer date. Once she knew those, she knows when every next step will be. She is an IVF expect. Sometimes it is kind of cool - other times, it is a little strange knowing that your neighbors knows - everything.

So Anyway, Speaking of the 13th I called the nurses at Walter Reed and they explained that my testing date has nothing to do with the date of transfer, that it actually is based on the retrieval date. Our embryo's were transferred at day 5, which means I would have already been 5 days into the whole shebang. Ahhhh, I am starting to get it. Okay - back to "how to get pregnant 101"

4 comments:

Becca said...

T"s brother, who is in the air force, had a part time job as base maintenance when he was stationed in Dover. He was not rude, and not lazy, but he did say they replaced more than they re-paired. Maybe thay just like to spend money!

5 more days to wait!!! What do you think of triplets? Does that scare you? :)

Jamie said...

WOW! 5 more days!!! Woohoo!!! That is just awesome! And what a pain about those maint. guys. Geesh.

Kerry said...

Just to let you know. I was the same way when I was going through what you are. I just went with the flow and did research later if I forgot to ask the doctors a question. :-)

Kim said...

Well at least you have a working dish washer now. I'll never forget the rude cable guy I had to deal with one time. OHHHH he ticked me off. He was messing w/ our tv and didnt know how to do something so I said something and got up to fix it, and he was rude and was like mam can you just leave it alone and sit back down. I threw whatever it was and said fine go right ahead, and on top of it he tracked in mud on his boots and left muddy boot marks all over my carpet. ok sorry about going on about that cable guy just reminded me of him. Anyway I'm so excited only 5 more days. I can't wait for the news! Let us know ASAP