Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Summer Time

Oh the nice weather is here - yippeee. Hopefully it is here to stay this time :O)

T and I took the kids and one neighbor kid over to the big park today. They played for over an hour and it was really nice. No news there - the kids love to go to the park, and normally they all have a good time. So what is there to complain about? Oh my dear readers - you know me too well there is plenty - so here is a list.

  1. To the Mother with four kids under three: Can you stop yelling please - really even for one minute?
  2. To the home day care provider in the brown jacket: Can you please get off your phone? You are louder than all 20 kids at the park and your charges are running wild.
  3. To the other home day care provider: Can you please get of your phone too? See reasoning above.
  4. To the mother of the other neighborhood child that came with us: Can you not tell us how protective you are? Really - you let your seven and four year old out from three to seven almost everyday to run around and not be supervised. Are you kidding yourself?
  5. To the mother of the other neighborhood child that came with us: Can you not tell us how wonderful you are for just two minutes. I really don't care that you run a 5K every other day.
  6. To the mother of the other neighborhood child that came with us: Can you please tell you children not to run a half mile ahead of us? This would be because T & I just got finished telling our group not too. Really - your four year old is allowed to go over a hill and around a bend where you can't see him and then cross the street too????

But I digress, fun was had by all.

In other news, the Idol song by Kara sucked. It wasn't even a little bit good. Seriously what is AI thinking? Can they please stop the last song crap? It is either the winner records it, someone wins a contest for submitting, or like last night, it just makes us throw up a little bit in our mouths. I'm just saying - SUCKED.

I voted for Kris three times before the line was too busy. I was pretty happy with that.

Also In One Tree Hill news: Payton had her baby. At the end they showed her strapped in a car seat in the back of her car smiling and easily being almost nine months old! Hello - only in the hospital for what a week? I am so over this show. Babies, Nathan made it to the MBA, side line stories of a rockers love interest, teenage vagabonds - I can't take it anymore! Seriously - this must be the most successful high school class ever. Here is a list of their careers thus far. Mind you only one seems plausible.

  • Payton, record producer with hit artist on label
  • Lucus, published author
  • Haley, singer song writer and X teacher, and last week she recorded a song for Nick Lache
  • Nathan, NBA Star
  • Brooke, Designer and CEO of major clothing line and her own magazine
  • Mouth, Sports reporter
  • Skills, home baby proofer

So compared to my class of '95 they are way ahead of us, according to face book we have, lots of stay at home moms, office workers, one guitarist who plays dive bars, and plenty of people still trying to figure it all out. TV should never make one feel so inept. LOL - I can't wait for next week.

Also the new Secret Life start at the end of June. I am looking forward to that, but am sure it will sugar coat the whole teenager is a mommy now deal. Oh poor Amy can't go to the prom because she doesn't have a sitter? Oh poor Amy can't sleep in today - but she can tomorrow. Angst - I love it.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thats nice the weather is nice. Wish I could say the same. We're heading to the East coast Hopefully we'll catch some of the nice weather. That bugs me too when some just talks about themselves. 5K good for her...lol I wouldn't even attempt a mile.Hope Kris wins too. Of course I can't watch so I won't fins out till Friday sometime when I see a tv again.

Jamie said...

LOL about throwing up in your mouth... Thanks for voting for me ;) I'd tried a few times and then forgot! Wish we could go to the park w/you!