Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bulls Eye

Day 10. I took the HCG shot last night. S and I were laughing so hard we could barely get it done. After all, I was bent over the counter in the kitchen and he was saying things like "now where exactly does this go?" and my favorite "Geez, I hope I don't miss." Seriously things weren't so bad. Last time we did IVF we had to go to this injection class and S had to practice. He made the nurse draw bulls-eyes on ass to be sure he got the shot in the right place. For over a week I had circles of black sharpie making googly eyes at me every time I passed the mirror after a shower. No bulls-eye this time - just us cracking up and me, shaking so hard from laughing with tears streaming down my face that he could have indeed "missed". But he didn't and I actually didn't feel a darn thing. Nothing. - how is that for a shot in the ass? LOL - we are so goofy. So - went in for a blood test today and was told to show up for surgery tomorrow. Imagine that - I made it this far.

Also, I am reading my sisters second draft - well probably her millionth draft of Smashing - but it is my second. It is good. We have been so proccupied with IVF that I feel like I am putting her on the back burner. I printed out the last twenty pages or so and am going to read them in the clinic tomorrow. I know she must be super anxious to hear what I think. I loved the first draft, so I am sure there isn't much change there, she is amazing.

At the same time I am reading New Moon. It isn't as good as Twilight - although I managed to read 500 pages in two days. I usually take a month for a book. But I have had so much time on my hands - that I am getting as much in as I can. Also, I cannot really sit up. The last two days I have to either been standing or laying down. After I I have ovaries the size of grapefruits right now (Doctor's words - not mine) So here is my issue with New Moon: I hate that Edward isn't in it until the last 100 pages or so. I cannot stand that Bella is "hearing" his voice when putting herself in danger - PLAHEEESSSE. I am not amused with the werewolf theme. Oddly I bought right into the whole vampire deal - and could suspend my belief in reality for a moment, but wolves - really? Run, Jacob, Run. Morph - you can do it ... Yeah okay - more like "run, Forest, run." Still, I am so hooked and cannot wait until I get the third one.

Also, looking forward to Idol tonight. I think I am going to DVR it and watch my DVR'd Tree Hill tonight and then Idol. After all I can get through an hour of Idol in like 23-25 minutes if I FF through Paula, The new chic, Randy, Secrest, and the commercials. I like Simon - so he is still in.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have been praying, praying, PRAYING for you!!! I am SOOOOO excited you made it this far! I can't wait to hear how it all goes? How long does the surgery take???

You guys crack me up...I can just picture the two of you...minus picturing your bare arse of course. What a scene! At least you have fun during it all;) And I'm glad it didn't hurt! It's amazing what the cushion on our toosh is good for!

Yeah I didn't like that he wasn't in that book either...oh and hooray for your sis! You'll have to let us know when she gets it published!

I missed Idol. It was a wild night (yet again). I am so done. I wish this were all over. And Zach is SO NOT understanding at all. And a lot of people aren't either. They don't realize I'm home ALL day with 4 kids- 4 AGAINST 1!!! And I thought they were quietly going to bed but now I hear banging up there....GGGRRRRR

Jamie said...

Oh yeah and I LOOOOVVVVEEEEE SIMON!

Kim said...

Oh you are so funny. You make me laugh everyday reading your post. I can't wait to hear how surgery goes. How wonderful you made it this far. I've been wanting to read new moon, just haven't got the book, now I'm not sure I will like it if Edward isn't really in it. He really made me like Twilight. BUt I guess I will still read it to just see what happens.

Jamie said...

Sooo, I've been praying for you ALL day! I can't wait to hear how it went! Just letting you know you've been on my mind and in my prayers today!