Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fun

Man I had a good day. First it is Palm Sunday - so church was awesome. Every Palm Sunday they read the Crucifixion - the whole way through in a play format and hand out palms. C was actually really good, and I heard almost every word!

Next we came home, S finished packing for his trip and wrapping up some loose ends around the house. Then we had time to go to Olive Garden before he left for Denver. The meal was really good. When it was over we drove S to the airport. It was an easy drive home, no traffic! We even had time to stop at the running track for a good mile.

I got home to a ringing phone, it was one of my best friends, J. Her kids and my one kid actually let us talk in relative peace. LOL. It was really nice. I miss her and it felt good to talk. Later I am going to try again, to call my friend D in California - maybe I can catch up with two in one day :P)

After I got off the phone I took C to ride his new bike. He is getting the hang of no training wheels, but we didn't get very far because the park had at least a dozen kids there. I couldn't say no. We ended up staying over an hour. I had a great time talking with the other moms and C loved hanging out with boys his own age.

Once that was over we went home and took the pup out for a walk. Now an hour later, C is watching Transformers and eating pudding for dinner. (grade A parenting skills there ha, ha) And I am surfing the net with my feet up. Later I am going to relax have some hot coco and read my book.

I am reading Twilight. So obviously I am so far the rest of the living population, but man the book is good. I haven't picked up another book all week. My friend A can't wait until I finish it so we can talk about it. LOL - she is a riot. Luckily it is her book - and she has the next one just waiting for me.

2 comments:

Kim said...

That's cool you and J got to catch up on the phone. It's so hard to talk on the phone with kids. I swear my kids will be playing fine and once the phone rings they feel the need to congergate around me. I loved the movie Twilight. Have you seen it? I want to read the books too, but the library on base never has them. Enjoy your week. When will S be back?

Jamie said...

Enjoy Twilight. I loved them but am relieved to be done with them, just to move on to something else. It's like reading too much Karen Kingsbury...you need a change after awhile! Glad your day was so well and peaceful!