Thursday, April 16, 2009

What a Boob

So I woke up in a better mood today. I stayed up wicked late last night and watch a bunch of kids by the dozen type of shows. It started off with the Duggers of course and then rolled into a bunch of families with multiples thanks to fertility treatments. It was oddly inspirational and comforting. After all it works sometimes right? So anyway - waking up this morning I realized it is my last day to exercise. Once I start the stimulant drugs I cannot do anything but light walking. Yuck.

So anyway I ran a few miles on the treadmill which was fun. I did it last night too. I was absolutely dripping when I was done. I had to open the garage door and let in some of the cool air. I really want to either go to the running track later -or bowling maybe. Sounds kind of funny, but for the next three weeks the doctors have just stressed that I cannot do a darn thing especially since the hormones were off last time. I cannot risk altering any other hormone level having a ripple affect. And then there is the whole deal with all these extra eggs moving all round - they won't be good quality if I am running and bouncing and sweating up a storm.

I start the next round of drugs tomorrow. Currently I am on the suppression drug next comes the stimulants - that is when I am sure I am to be a nut case. However, my friends are right - just relax and be selfish - don't worry about the in-laws or out-laws it isn't about them. Maybe I should record that and play it back to myself a few dozen times.

On a funnier note: I so flashed the neighbors last night. Only me right? Well, true -it could only happen to me. Last night a mouse was driving me crazy munching on dog food. So I worked up the courage to see if I could get it. I took the broom and shoved it under the server I knew he was hiding under. Nothing happened so I moved the server and found a little bit of mouse poop. So I swept up and just as I thought I was done I moved a piece of paper that had flown under there and there he was - brown and beady eyed and frozen in fear. I of course let out a huge scream and the dog ran upstairs ( she is so much help) So I smushed him with the broom. I broke my broom into two pieces and the mouse just kind of hoped sideways - so I smushed him again. (I felt grossed out and empowered at the same time but then before going to bed I heard another one. ERRR) Anyway...

I was wearing my favorite robe. It was tied on the inside and I had the belt loosely tied, well when I smushed the mouse the belt part fell right off. I didn't really care - it was tied under my arm on the inside and the blinds were shut anyway. (my favorite jammies were in the dryer and I was waiting to put them on) So I grabbed a plastic bag and scooped up the dead critter. Then I went to throw him out back, the back door didn't have the blinds drawn and my neighbor behind us was out for a smoke... I lifted my right arm to wave and felt a very cold breeze on my boob. Needless to say the robe had moved a little south and I was flapping in that cold breeze.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

LOL only you, only you!!! That is SOOO funny! Wonder what that guy thought, first possibly hearing a scream from your house (are the walls as thin there as they were in Minot) and then seeing that! Sooo funny, I needed a good laugh:)

I've been praying for you and will continue to pray!!! I hope it all works out and I hope your able to be as stress-free as possible!

Kim said...

OMG you have me laughing. I can't believe you flashed your neighbor. Yuck you killed a mouse with your broom. Wow it sounds stressful to go through all that IVF, but yet they want you to not do anything to stress yourself out. Well take it very easy, lounge around, and the work around the house can wait. I'm praying for you.

Becca said...

I am so glad I am not the only one who does stupid things, I do them on a daily basis!
I love your stories, wish I was closer so I could help you out. Maybe we could have a "spa day"!!