Sunday, April 26, 2009

The New Guy

IVF Day 8 and all is not really well. We had a new doctor today and he seemed worried about my numbers getting to0 high. So much for text book perfect. Although it could just be that he was citing all the possibles, he was hard to read. At one point I just told him he was scaring us because my estrodial was so off last time (that is one of the estrogen levels) then he just sort of said "well, there are other things we can do to get that under control". Really Fuck Head? Because last time they said that - screwed with my medication - and then all my eggs shriveled up and died. Needless to say - I didn't enlighten him on my last thoughts.


On a good note though I have six follicles ready to go today, and by tomorrow I should have about 18, which is way more than they need - six to ten is what they aim for. My body is just extra generous. I heard one couple talking the other day and just wishing that they had four. Then this morning the women was telling another that one of her follicles were too large and pretty much "fell off" so she wasn't sure if they were going to continue or try again next cycle. It is really sad, all these women who have the same problem with different issues. I bet this women would trade places with me in a second.


We went to church after we got home. It wasn't as uplifting as I had hoped. Our priest has been so stuck on the same topic for the last few months. It is getting a little discouraging I need to hear some 'Good NEWS' after all that is what we are celebrating right? And here is the kicker - the whole time I am there all I am doing is thinking "how can I word this prayer so God knows I am ready for IVF to work?" " What can I say to him to convince him?" and other insane ideas like this. Hello - Jamie - doesn't work that way - Yeah - I know - I am just a so worked up with the docs sort of bad news.

Oh well got to pick up C from Sunday School - hopefully the doc doesn't call with bad news. No news is good news.


10 Hours Later:

No news = good news. Just got back from dropping of the kiddo at the sitters and now just hanging out watching the Sox. Elsburry needs a hair cut. Papi needs a HR - his average is terrible this year so far. Pedi got threw out at second and the commentators will not shut up about it. Actually they won't stop talking about any play - and they seem semi retarded. (sorry - so not PC) The Yanks are up now - and I am sure you do not need my play by play. LOL

In other news: I had a really cool day. After I picked C up from Sunday School we went over to Kohl's. It was 93 and he had no bathing suit or shorts. I saved ones from last year hoping we could scam it, but no such luck. The kids grew. LOL. Anyway I just let him go - told him to get five or six shorts and T's and two bathing suits. So he picked out almost all Star Wars shirts and a few shorts. He was really pretty funny, he let me know he was looking for "like things that have dragons on them and cool superhero stuff." For a while I started to feel bad for him because everything he liked was too big. He wears a 6/7 but all those sizes are kind of little kiddish. He wants the skater looking stuff in the big kid section. So I let him get his shirts two sizes too big and he compromised on the shorts. 100.00 later I was checking out and remembered I had a gift card. I swiped it hoping it was more than a few cents (I have a habit of saving gift cards only to find out months later that there is a two cent credit) and there was 45.oo on it! Yipppppppeeeeee.

So, 55.00 later I was finished checking out and C says "Mom, was everything on sale?" and I tell him it was and then he says "Mom did you use a gift card?" and again I tell him yes and then he says "sooooo you like saved some dollars?" Me "Yea" C "So then you have some extra money for a kid bopz happy meal at McDonald's?" He so won that one.

Once we got home we filled up the kiddie pool and made the best of our minuscule backyard. We had a blast. We got the dog to play soccer with us for over an hour. The pool was "center field", we only got Maggie (the dog) to get the ball from there once - but it was stinking funny. We took turns being the goalie and the other person had Maggie on their team. She got a couple of goals. Mommy only got one and Coop = well he got them all. LOL - it was fun. We were out there for about four hours until we just couldn't move anymore.

3 comments:

Becca said...

you always lift me up, I am going to say a rosery for you tonight and try not to think about myself for once! We too spent about 6 hours outside today, and yah it was about 89 here! And C really needs summer clothes. Keep up with the smiles!!!

Jamie said...

No news is good news! And that is awesome you have so many follicles!!! Yipee!!!

Sounds like a great day (besides the doc)...savings, sun, warmth, Sox. Hope they won for ya!!!

You're such a great mommy btw! Love ya!

Kim said...

Don't let the DOc get your spirits down, keep trusting in God and Believe it will work. Think Positive :) WOw you have some nice weather there. Already swimming. Yikes I can't even think of that right now, BRRRR! I loved C's comment about having extra money so he can get a kids bop happy meal. How cute. Jarrett just got one Saturday. He loves that CD and has it cranked up in his room. He's driving me crazy with it.