Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Saving Grace

Each time we go to the commissary C gets a little treat at the end if he is a good helper and not a complainer. Today in Aisle two we began to have issues. 'Mommy can I have..' 'Mommy I want'. By aisle five I let me know that if he continued to pout when I said 'not this time' than he would not get a special treat at the end. By aisle seven I let him know that this time will we not be getting that treat. I expected the crying - It really doesn't bother me. The screaming gets a little annoying, but I can handle it with out getting stressed or yelling - for the most part.

Today, S came with us. (I am not allowed to lift anything for IVF) He was really getting annoyed with a crying kid. So I spoke with C at his level and explained that we are here to do a job and we need him to stop crying so that we can focus on our work and we need his help. Yeah - that totally didn't work. In the end S offered to take him to the car and the boys left me to finish off the shopping. They had a talk in the car and when I returned with the groceries C apologized to me. I figured things had turned around and was glad at that - but - man was I wrong. The crying and carrying on just started all over again. By the time we got home ( an entire three minutes later) C was sent to his room for a nap. He must have needed it because now he is totally passed out. Poor kid. This wasn't the worst meltdown we've had, but it certainly a loud enough.

Anyway despite the meltdown I still managed to save over thirty dollars with coupons. I had great ones for 1.00 off here and 1.50 off there. I had a great coupon for dog food, dog treats, and dog bones -2.5o off. The checkout guy - was laughing at me and said "you know how to shop." I do, don't I? LOL.

Tonight we are thinking of going to a ball game. It is a double header because yesterdays games were rained out in the area. If the rain holds off today we will head over - should be fun. The boys went to a game the other day but I haven't been to one this year yet.

C starts T-ball this week. It is four days a week - two practices and two games - that seems like a lot. S is the coach. Yesterday their first practice was rained out but the boys had fun with it anyway. They went over to the youth center and picked up all the equipment. C was wicked excited to pick out his number - number 5, because he is 5. He was so proud to try it all on. His team is the Red Sox - so both dad and son are on cloud nine. Too cute.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I hate taking my kids to the commissary. They don't throw fits, but they want to buy everything in sight. I tend to spend $30 extra when I take them. How cool S gets to be his T- ball coach. That sounds really fun. Our boys couldn't join soccer this year w/ us moving. But I didn't mind they usually have soccer in the spring and it's still freezing and windy out.