Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Clarity

Our finances are not budgeted at all. How can they be when we owe so much money to everyone? Last year I attempted to put all the debts in a list and pay down the smallest first and move up the line. I was quite successful until my job ended. Still, things were looking better. Then we decided to try IVF. We charged it. So now, we get paid, I go to the store, fill up my car, leave 300.00 in the account for S for gas and maybe a night out to dinner, and the rest just goes to bills.

I don't know how my friends with house payments do it. Making a mortgage would stress me to the nines. - however randomly I am okay with paying rent. In fact, yesterday when filling out the USAA paperwork, I looked up S's paycheck to get exact numbers and learned that our BAH went up by 300.00, which means we can totally afford a real house, not a town house when and if we ever move. But, if we do find something cheaper, we can use the extra money to put towards the bills. Things seems a little brighter in the finance department - lets hope that clarity spills over into other things.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Pay checks do go fast now a days. That's great your BAH went up. Hey that would be great if you could get a house and still have money left over from your BAH to save.

Jamie said...

Wow, that is awesome that your BAH is up!!!Maybe you will move after all...

Becca said...

The money goes out faster than it comes in, we have been a month behind on our mortagae for 2 years! Its a wonder we are still here! Hey where is that stimulus money! lol