Monday, April 6, 2009

Twenty Five Things?

I was up late last night with sickness. I am not sure if it was the IVF medication or a touch of food poisoning, but regardless I was up at two and didn't go back to bed until just before five. Oddly I wasn't all that upset over it. It was just inconvenient. Inconvenient and yet a little educational. Did you know that there is a lot of interesting programs on in the middle of the night? Apparently you can now teach a nine month old baby to read, cleanse your colon with a pill or small fruit drink (or they could just take IVF meds or get food poisoning LOL) and drop eighty pound in just a few short months with the latest twisty, turney, hiking machine. Fortunately there were actual shows on cable. Did you know I love old sitcoms? I do, Bewitch, The Beverly Hillbillies, I dream of Jeanie, Hazel, Gidget, and a bunch of other top my list for middle of the night TV watching. Anyway this got me thinking - I am a little quirky sometimes, so here are some things the public should know about it - It figure it makes me much more endearing (ha, ha)

1. I always miss spell the word "because" when I type.
2. When I write I skip the H in the word the.
3. I love hot chocolate.
4. I have really good balance, yet seems to twist my ankles on a regular basis.
5. I am scared of mice.
6. I like when my friends are friends.
7. I skip scenic descriptions and body descriptions when I read.
8. I read a lot of trashy romance novels. There is no need to focus on how big the love interest package is or how the main character is a stunning model type but doesn't know it. Also, I don't care what there mountain range looks like - I have seem plenty.
9. I love rainy days when we have nothing to do.
10. I am a scrabble fanatic. I buy a new scrabble dictionary every few years so I can use the updated words like Qi, Xu, and Qabala when I play against my mother.
11. My mother and sister both cheat at games. My sister is just plain hilarious about it, my mother gets defensive. I don't cheat.
12. I rock at games. Except trivia - my sister got extra genes from that end of the pool.
13. I enjoy teen romance and angst type movies.
14. I cannot "break wind" or "cut the cheese" in front of my son. Once at the mall he starting yelling "Mommy you farted, you did I heard it, it smelled too! Gross - MOMMY FARTED EVERY BODY!" My mother was with us, she quickly walked ahead and pretended not to know us.
15. I love summer, but, I do not like the smell of farts or the crap plant down the street in summer. Something about that warm muggy air just makes it worse.
16. Well come to think of it, I don't like the smell of those things ever LOL.
17. Fart jokes make me laugh.
18. My son make me laugh everyday.
19. I love to watch minor league baseball while eating a giant pretzel.
20. I like to idea of being at stay at home mom, but realistically it is a lot harder than working full time. Although I do like that I get actual time to myself once in a while.
21. I would like to have five or six children. Maybe less maybe more.
22. I think my husband is a good father.
23. I keep my politics to myself. I do not have the same views as most of my friends and my family.
24. I check my email a lot, especially since I fixed the lap top. I am thinking I better put this thing upstairs.
25. I like when everyone gets along, especially family. I love Sunday family dinners at my mom's when ever I go home. I love that we don't all fit around the table but we just keep squeezing in. I love that we never make enough pasta and have to start a second batch. I love that my cousins are boisterous and excited. I love that family friends stop by and don't have to knock. I miss it, especially on Sunday nights.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I have to say there was a lot about you that I didn't know. Guess I know now...lol. I was cracking up about #14. How hiliarious! Stinks you were up in the middle of the night not feeling good. Hope you're doing better today.

Anonymous said...

#25...I second that.

Jamie said...

ROFLOL at #14!!! THAT is funny (and really embarassing). I hope you're feeling better! We need to get a Scrabble game going in facebook! I love #25, wish I had a family like that!