Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pretty In Pink

One of the best parts about living in DC is the Cherry Blossom Festival. Every year hundreds of trees bloom wonderful pink and white blossoms around the tidal basin and the monuments downtown. The pictures are really breath taking, I will have to load some onto my F/B account. This year we invited some friends to join us for the big parade, a walk around the monuments, and dinner. It was really a nice time. Plenty to complain about because, well lets face it that is what I do best, but all in all it was a great day. Here are the high points:

The beauty, 65 degrees and sunny, a happy kids, time with friends, plenty to make us laugh, a parade ( I love parades), Alex Trebek was the grand Marshall, we got to eat at a cool restaurant I haven't been to in three years, the subway was fast today and we didn't even go the wrong way - not even once, we got some great pictures, C had someone to play with all day, We all played the Seinfeld Scene It game, dinner was really tasty, and now everyone is gone, and I have time to reflect.

Reflecting on the crappy parts: it was too windy to walk around the entire basin, at the parade a rude family cut in front of us and the people we met while waiting for the parade, our camera kept crapping out, the restaurant we went to for lunch had a 45 minute wait then when we were seated the waitress told us any food, even salads would take another 45 minutes to an hour - it took an hour and a half, I had a killer headache, I forgot sunscreen - not in the swing of that yet this year, we all have red noses, I ate a little too much dinner, and we all skipped desert which I stayed up late last night to make, I burnt my fingers by touching a pot that was over the flame of the stove - I thought it wasn't hot ???? And to top it all off - I have no intention of doing the dinner dishes tonight.

LOL - man I can see the glass half empty on anything. However I am actually quite proud of myself. I didn't complain when we were out with our friends. S and I got a long really well, which is a change from the snippy comments we have been swapping lately, and we all seemed to have fun overall.

If we don't have orders next year ( we are suppose to in February , unless we get an extension we have been trying for) that I will certainly be back. I even know a great viewing place for the parade where hoochie mama's can't jump in front of us (heee heeee).

So, in other news, I am not all that ticked anymore. I have been praying on it a ton, and this morning I just woke up chipper. I am not sure how I feel about the situation, I just have more of a peace about it. I'll have to mull it over and report back on that and the whole "I have clarity" issue. I still have it, it just seems to be evolving at a faster pace than I expected.

Next, I have been doing to IVF deal for a week now. This time around I feel like I have the flu. I have been getting wicked headaches, and congestion, and I am extremely tired. On Monday I stop the Birth Control, so I will probably be a moody mess. Then next Monday I start the everyday thing for 10 days. I have a dilemma there involving one of my favorite cousins, C. She may or may not come to visit during the ten days. Last week I talked with her a little, but the moment felt off to try to tell her about it. Which, I feel bad about - because she really is like a sister to me and my sister knows, so C should too. I don't know - I'm babbling.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I saw some of the Cherry Blossom Festival or at least the trees on the weather channel. They look so pretty. You already have things blooming. We are still seeing snow on the ground and dead grass and mud where it has melted. I can't wait for things to green up. SOunds like you had a really nice day out. Oh how long to wait for food. Jess would of been ticked and walked out. He hates going to restaurants especially if theres alot of people. So needless to say, we don't eat out too often. Good luck with IVF, Im not sure what it all involves but having to deal with all those hormone changes and being moody has got to be hard. I'll pray for you this week.

Kerry said...

I felt the same way when I started the meds Jamie..they told me I just got a cold but one of the side effects is congestion..I did not get it.